Monday, February 6, 2012

Why Pinterest for Preschool?





I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Pinterest.  Pinterest is a website that allows you to "pin" ideas/photos of things that intrigue you to themed virtual "bulletin boards." Its a great place to share/steal ideas with others.  I can see where in general it could be considered an extreme waste of time spent daydreaming, however as a teacher I could not find it more helpful!


Top Five Reasons I love Pinterest:


1.) Inspiration: 
This is the daydreaming piece. I love to look at classroom and playground designs and dream of all the amazing materials, supplies and environments that I am constantly working towards.


2.) Curriculum Planning: 
Daydreaming: Our Future Playground~!
There are so many great ideas for planning preschool activities. Its easy to find entire "boards" that are dedicated to a certain area in the classroom or even a specific theme that we are working on.


3.) Resources: 
Connecting with other educators big and small from all over the world!


4.) Recipes: 
I cook lunch everyday for the preschoolers. Menu planning has become rather boring after five years. There are lots of delicious things to find on Pinterest including meals and snacks.




5.) Okay, Okay, its also entertaining!  
There is a lot of funny stuff on Pinterest and sometimes when you work fifty hours a week alone with kids, you need a little pointless humor. :)






My Pinterest Board about Classroom Environments


My Pinterest Boards!


Good luck and Happy Daydreaming. I hope that you can find something inspiring on Pinterest for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment