Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Balancing Act


The best part about having my own program is following the children's lead. That doesn't mean that I don't have a plan for each day. It means that sometimes the children's interests steer us in a different direction and that is okay. 

It was very clear by 8:30 a.m. that these little bodies needed to be MOVING today.

 Think quick! 

How do I keep them busy until outside time?  

Give them something to stand on and jump from.



As more children started to gather. I realized we needed more supplies.

I sent a couple children into other areas to gather my requested materials.

They had so much fun experimenting and moving.









Lots of moving. A little bit of risk assessment. Math. Science. Problem Solving. What a "productive" day!

I am hoping they will gather the materials on their own next time the have the wiggles. 








No comments:

Post a Comment