Thursday, August 23, 2012

Our Playground: The Journey Begins

Honestly, I think I could leave the playground exactly how it is right now and they would be forever happy! Rocks, dirt, sticks, and most importantly lots of space to explore. Seven years ago I attended a NAEYC conference session by Rusty Keeler and my mind has been daydreaming ever since. I had never seen or imagined some of the amazing natural playgrounds that existed. What amazes me is the prices some people have to pay to get a stump! Although I am a huge fan of looking through the Arbor Day Foundation's, Explore Nature Sourcebook, I am very grateful that I live in a place where I don't need to order from it! 


They were having a lot of fun today moving rocks around.

Our dump truck load of wood chips arrived today!



Ready Set Go!


So much work to be done! 
Future Trike Path Area

No comments:

Post a Comment